ACTi have recently upgraded their free IPCCTV network video recorder (NVR) software.
ACTi provide their CCTV software free-of-charge, on a CD, in the box with every new camera.
ACTi’s software will only manage and record ACTi cameras.
We would recommend that anybody installing ACTi’s NVR software checks their website for the very latest software version (click the software tab at the bottom of that page to see the latest version).
Also, if you already have ACTi’s NVR software installed, you should check their upgrade instructions for the correct upgrade routine according to your existing version, operating system, etc.
Information on ACTi’s latest NVR software version:
ACTi’s new NVR software application is now available for download. The NVR 2.2 is the first FREE 64-channel management software supporting MJPEG, MPEG4 and the most efficient compression standard – H.264.
NVR 2.2 supports ACTi’s full product lineup; Box, Bullet, Fixed Dome, PTZ and Speed Domes. All resolutions from VGA up to Megapixel are supported. Additionally, users can do real-time live view monitoring, recording and playback with simultaneous 64-channel window display. With the enhancement of overall control management, NVR 2.2 empowers users with a smooth and fast operating speed while processing multiple tasks at the same time.
ACTi is the only IP camera manufacturer offering free “server-client” software with streaming engine. Our complete unified solution includes a full line of hardware devices and management software that enables customers to easily enjoy anytime/anywhere video monitoring without any extra licensing costs or maintenance fees.
Other key feature enhancements along with the formal release of NVR 2.2 are highlighted as follows:
- Auto Upgrade
- Supports Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Server 2008.
- Supports SQL Express 2005 SP3.
- Easy accessibility to ACTi camera through both hostname and IP address.
- The ability to automatically backup E-Map images, language settings, and manual snapshot files during software upgrade.
- Improved System Monitor for system log search by date, time, channel, user and login IP. System log export is also available.
- Supports our latest H.264 devices.
- Enhanced Playback Speed Control
- Event ID Supported
- AccessKey to Maintain Image Aspect Ratio
- Export Video in AVI format or JPEG Files
- Enhanced Digital Zoom Operation
Along with this new version release, ACTi announced the availability of their new Central Management Server (CMS) software, which makes video management in large scale or multi-site projects easier and more cost-effective.
Check our ACTi Forum for further FAQs.
See the range of ACTi cameras, servers and software in our webshop.
Or feel free to leave comments below.